A rapidly growing E-Commerce Retailer have exclusively engaged with Michael Page Logistics to acquire a 3PL Contract Logistics Manager for their flagship distribution centre based in Harrogate. This business offer a fantastic, forward thinking, vibrant and energetic place to work, along side a progressive and inclusive business strategy.
They are currently enjoying substantial growth within their E-Commerce arm of the business and have impressive growth plans for the remainder of 2020 and into 2021.
- Overall responsibility for end to end logistics strategy & operational effectiveness (UK & Worldwide).
- Effectively liaise with suppliers and freight forwarders to deliver best business results.
- Management of 3PL logistics partnerships, and actively build strong relationships with both new and existing partners across warehouse and transport.
- Excellent stock control management - ability to identify areas that require improvement.
- Managing 3PL costs and providing review / reconciliation of monthly invoices from Fulfilment and Parcel Carrier charges
- Managing 3PL transportation costs, optimise spend, and building ways to deliver fast while lowering costs. Review / Reconcile / Approve the monthly invoices for Transportation on Mobile and CE businesses
- Agree and monitor KPI's across warehouse and transport performance.
The successful candidate for the 3PL Contract Logistics Manager will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Background.
- Experienced in managing outsourced Warehouse and / or Transport - Essential.
- Experienced in E-Commerce / Retail Logistics operations / products.
- This person may have worked for a 3PL provide previously.
- You will have worked within a fast paced, high volume E-Commerce operations, with experience of successfully managing a peak selling period.
- Have had exposure to leading tender processes, rate negotiation and start up operations.
- Hands on, organised and determined leader who can adapt quickly to business demands.
- A confident communicator who can work cross functionally to drive change.
- Familiarity with tariff codes and customs import processes, ideally with exposure to China.
- Commutable to Harrogate.
This position offers:
- Salary - £40,000 to £50,000 - DOE
- Company Bonus scheme.
- Company Holiday package.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Plus additional company benefits.