My client, a well established UK retailer are actively looking for a 3PL Contract Manager - Warehouse & Transport for their newly built distribution centre based in Derbyshire. It is a truly exciting time for the company as their UK presence increases due to considerable growth experienced across 2019, leading into 2020.
Key responsibilities for the 3PL Contract Manager - Warehouse & Transport in Derbyshire;
- Report directly to the Operations Director (or similar).
- Responsible for managing physical flow of products throughout the warehouse.
- Drive a continuous improvement program with all aspects of the DC operation and 3rd party provider.
- Supervise and drive the implementation of the UK distribution strategy by 3PL.
- Monitor and optimise UK distribution costs (Report and explain any variance to budget).
- Manage relationship with transport suppliers.
- Report delivery performance.
- Check monthly invoice.
- Ensure KPIs and SLAs in the contract are adhered to.
- Monitor inbound delivery performance.
- Ensure SAP and WMS anomalies are investigated and resolved.
The successful 3PL Contract Manager - Warehouse & Transport will have;
- At least 4+ years of experience in a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Be degree educated or hold a diploma in the fields of business, Supply Chain and Operations management - Advantageous.
- Experienced in an Operational position to a; Senior Operations Manager, Depot Manager, Site Manager, General Manager, Regional General Manager, Head of Logistics level previously.
- Ability to manage a 3PL logistics provider across Warehousing and Transport.
- Experience of using SAP would be advantageous.
- Passion for driving high productivity and service.
- Pragmatic approach to problem-solving and maintain performance under pressure.
- Good communicator at all levels of hierarchy.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Live within a commutable distance if Derbyshire.
This role offers:
- Salary - £45,000 - £55,000 - DOE.
- Up to a 15% Bonus.
- Company Pension package.
- Company Holidays.
- Plus additional company benefits.