My client is one of the countries largest privately owned freight forwarders based in Burton-on-Trent area. The business has ambitious grow plans to rapidly expand into new markets over the coming decade, with large scale investment from a private entrepreneur.
As an Air Freight Forwarder (Nights) you will report into the Senior Airfreight Manager and commute daily to Burton-on-Trent. You will also have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Preparing price quotations - Informing about the freight prices, port charges, cost of special documents, insurance prices as well as prices for handling the goods
- Organising transport through third party transit means.
- Providing valid insurance for the vehicles - trucks and trailers
- Providing appropriate transportation means with adequate load capacity
- Handling customs entries and arranging billings for VAT/Duties
- Ensuring full HAWB and MAWB compliance and clearance.
The successful candidate will have an expansive background in the freight forwarding industry with a bias towards air freight. The ideally Air Freight Forwarder (Nights) will have the following skills and experience:
- 2+ year's experience in freight forwarding in air or sea freight
- Experience of customs compliance / HAWB & MAWB
- Proven track record of calculating taxes and duties via imported air freight
- Excellent customer service experience
- Experience with Documentation Services (Certificates of Origin, Letters of Credit etc)
- Commutable to the Burton-on-Trent area.
- An ambitious drive to grow and succeed within the freight forwarding world
- A foreign language skill would be advantageous.
Optional company bonus