My client is a well known automotive and perishables freight forwarder based in the Midlands Area. They are currently experiencing large brand growth and have sites based in locations across the globe.
As an Air Freight Operations Director you will be responsible for a large UK based freight forwarding team and a further three teams across the world. This opportunity is based in the UK near Birmingham, however you will be required to travel to visit Operations Managers within the further three sites.
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of an operations team of around 60 employees based at four separate locations.
- Responsible for the up-skilling of the current team through an active attitude towards coaching, mentoring and development.
- Develop and grow relationships with 3rd party suppliers (air, road and sea) in order to secure the most cost effective rates for our business.
- Be in communication with regular Senior Business stakeholders and attend meetings as required.
- Offer strategic business direction through the collection and analysis of business statistics.
- Ensure a quality service is proved to our customers in line with our SLA's.
- Generate new business relationship through active promotion of our brand.
- Direct responsibility for three Operations Managers on a daily basis.
My client is actively looking to engage a dynamic coach who can impart their passion and knowledge onto the current team. Either an upcoming Operations Manager or an established General Manager with strong leadership and mentoring skills would be perfect for this position. The successful Air Freight Operations Director will have many of the following attributes:
- Strong air freight forwarding experience is essential for this role.
- Previous experience of remotely managing numerous teams.
- Commercially minded, with a desire to drive profitability whilst still providing outstanding customer service.
- Experience developing and lead freight forwarding teams through periods of change.
- Ideally educated to degree level (BSc, BA, BEng).
- IATA - Dangerous Goods certified.
- BIFA - Membership would be advantageous.
- ILM - Management qualified would be beneficial.
- Previous experience at a similar level within other Blue-Chip or SME forwarding businesses.
- Commutable to either Birmingham or Tamworth
£75,000-£85,000 + Bonus & Benefits