My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector. They are a rapidly growing who have an aim to help businesses unlock the potential of decentralised, sustainable energy.
The Area Transport Manager in Bristol will be responsible for...
- Be the nominated 'O' licence holder for your region of responsibility
- Manage the Supervisory teams, driver teams and depot operatives in respective areas ensuring adherence to all company policy and guidelines
- Responsibility to audit and maintain legal compliance & Health and Safety standards to company policy and procedures.
- Monitor plan vs actual activities and liaise with the planning team and supervisory teams to drive continual improvements throughout the operation managing any noncompliance quickly and effectively.
- Compile a thorough annual PDR review and development pack for all direct reports focusing on SMART objectives with clear timelines. Follow up by conducting and documenting monthly 121 reviews. Focus on plan vs actual, legal compliance, working time, telemetry compliance and driver bonus points scores.
- Ensure depot standards of cleanliness and quality are maintained at all times and accurate stock counts are administered as required.
- Manage the accurate and timely provision of ALL KPI data.
- Ensure daily communication with the planning, fleet and customer service teams.
- Take responsibility for Health and Safety and product quality in allocated depots
- Review and act on KPI data to include: Legal compliance, plan v actual, WTD, driver scores etc.
- Ensure that all drivers and depot teams are appropriately trained and aware of all processes relating to their area of responsibility
- Ensure all DVSA requirements are being adhered too.
- Ensure the timely download of all vehicle and driver tachographs in line with legal requirements
The Area Transport Manager must have..
- Possess a National CPC certificate
- Good knowledge of product/pellet enplus, bsl and fsc audit
- Good knowledge of health and safety and human resources issues
- Intimate knowledge of business and customer expectations
- Ability to influence at all levels
- Detailed and thorough understanding of legal requirements within Transport and Logistics.
- Computer Literate and have a good knowledge of Microsoft office
- Able to make decisions and take initiative in reacting to operational challenges as they arise.
- Possess a good knowledge of current transport legislation.
- Proven ability in internal relationships management and staff motivation.
- Ability to manage potentially difficult situations and personnel
- Persuasive insistence's to ensure targets are achieved
- Versatile and flexible on hours to suit business needs and efficiency's.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Professional personal standard of presentation.
- Willingness to participate in discussions and projects relating to operational policy.
- Undertake training to increase skills and levels of competencies.
- Flexibility, 'hands-on' approach, able to adapt and move into any business function across a 24/7 period.
- Attention to detail and accurate reporting mandatory
- Able to embrace change, and proactively seek methods to improve the business and / or reduce costs
The Area Transport Manager will receive...
- A salary of up to £45,000 depending one experience
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts
- Pension Scheme
- Home Working Opportunity