Our client, based in Barnsley, manufacture and distribute products globally. Due to continued growth and further development of their purchasing function they now seek an Assistant Buyer. This organisation pride themselves on offering career development and funding for training so the successful applicant can expect to really kick their career on within the purchasing field.
The key responsibilities of this Assistant Buyer will be to:
- Assist the Purchasing Manager in operational duties
- Shadow the Purchasing Manager on supplier meetings with the view to running/owning some relationships
- Work with the engineering teams to ensure materials are ordered and delivered on time in full
- Look for ways to improve systems and processes where possible.
Ideally the successful candidate of the Assistant Buyer position will have:
- Experience within Purchasing and Procurement; specifically interfacing with suppliers.
- Good analytical skills; the ability to juggle operational purchasing tasks
- The desire to develop their skills in the purchasing field
- The ability to travel within the UK
- A degree or have started to study relevant qualifications (CIPS) - desirable
£25,000 + benefits, and the opportunity for career development.