My client is a world leader in the automotive sector who design, engineer, procure and build a range of market leading buses and coaches.
Responsible for ensuring that the total cost of buying parts is as low as possible whilst maintaining the highest level of supplier quality and reliability.
- Manage and develop effective supplier relationships
- With support and development as needed, you will play an important role in managing a portfolio of existing suppliers and working with those suppliers to be accountable for performance and continuous improvement
- Introduce and develop new suppliers to improve quality, cost and delivery performance
- Identify value improvement opportunities with suppliers and work with them to find innovation solutions, materials and technologies to improve total quality and total cost
- Design, issue and collation of RFQ/RFT
- The successful candidate will ideally have a Purchasing/Supply Chain background within Automotive or a highly regulated industry
- CIPs qualification or open to working towards this
- Understanding of MRP/ERP systems
Competitive salary and an opportunity to work with a business who are keen to develop and further educate the right candidate to expand their knowledge not only from a commercial perspective but also to gain a strong technical understanding of the product!