Associate Director, Procurement
Turner & Townsend is one of the leading Procurement, Contract Management and Dispute resolution service providers in the UK.
Using our skills, processes and knowledge we provide industry leading services to a market leading client base across the Infrastructure, Real Estate and Natural Resources sectors.
Turner & Townsend has a new opportunity for an Associate Director to join our highly successful and growing Contract Services Division in London. This is an opportunity to take a leading role on a major programme and shape future success in developing new and existing client relationships.
Our London team provide market leading advice to our clients through the whole procurement lifecycle, and are involved with many interesting and significant projects across the UK and Internationally.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a sector leading client base whilst also shaping the growth of a high performing division with the full support of the Senior Management team.
A natural Leader and with the ability to influence at all levels, you will have strong Technical and Management experience in strategic procurement across a range of sectors, with particular expertise in major procurement and contract management.
With a natural approach to business development and excellent commercial acumen, you will possess the strength and conviction to lead, develop and manage existing and future client relationships to drive business growth.
Main Job Purpose:
To actively support the development of our Procurement practice, and take the lead role in delivering expert strategic advice, procurement and contract management services.
As the lead on major procurement programmes, you will expertly develop stakeholder relationships whilst guiding and managing the wider team to deliver key objectives.
• To provide bid support and client presentations, both internally and externally
• Act as commission manager on selected client accounts across UK
• Managing and developing junior staff to build a resilient and effective team
• Conduct regular client care and project reviews to mitigate risk and develop future business opportunities
• Provide in depth procurement advisory services to both internal and external stakeholders
• Financial management to include forecasting, income management and credit control on future and existing commissions
• Actively contribution to regular team meetings and management forums to drive best practice
Profile and Experience:
• Significant strategic procurement and contracts experience across a wide range of sectors
• Confident in managing multiple stakeholders and existing client relationships
• Able to lead projects in own right, but when necessary to work as part of a senior delivery team
• Highlighted experience of building efficient procurement, commercial and contracting strategies, with particular focus on effectively balancing risk
• Highlighted experience in developing supply chain strategy through integration, performance and relationship management at business and project levels.
• Strong Contract management knowledge across some of the major standard forms of contract in use (NEC, FIDIC, JCT).
• Robust and methodical analytical skills, adaptable and agile, with strong management experience
• Broad experience and exposure in a diverse range of construction or infrastructure related sectors
• A proven background in driving new and existing business development opportunities
• A natural gravitas in dealing with clients, with a ‘making the difference’ approach
• The ability to lead a project and manage personnel in delivering major commissions, together with shaping the organic growth of our Contract Services division in line with 2020 vision.
• Professionally qualified in RICS, LLB, MCIPS or similar
Turner & Townsend:
Turner & Townsend is an independent professional services company specialising in programme management, project management, cost management and consulting across the property, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. With 104 offices in 44 countries, we draw on our extensive global and industry experience to manage risk, while maximising value and performance during the construction and operation of our clients' assets.
We actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.