My client is a leading international financial institute that provides financial and technical assitance to a range of projects across the globe. With a clear and ethical agenda to support growth and development in countries they are involved in a wide ranging portfolio of projects.
The key responsibilites of the Associate Director - Procurement are:-
- Provide advice and guidance to key stakeholders on the interpretation and implementation of Policy / Directive / Procedures and development of relevant instruments, and systems for sound, efficient and economic delivery of the consultancy procurement.
- Review and approve procurement plans, evaluation reports, and negotiation and contract award recommendations.
- Lead staff in drafting procurement procedures. Responsible for developing procurement strategies in cooperation with Budget and Stakeholder departments that: deliver commercially and operationally optimal outcomes; develop and continuously improve consultant performance / value in response to the business's evolving needs and the changes in the relevant market; and are monitored / measured using both consultant performance assessment and market benchmarking.
- Conduct commercial contract negotiations in respect of complex, high-profile contracts with highly sophisticated consultancy firms (e.g. "Big 4" Auditors, international Management Consultancy firms etc.).
- As required, address problematic situations where disputes with internal stakeholders could escalate and tackle complaints or potential complaints from consultants in accordance with the business's procurement complaint process.
- Recruit, motivate, coach and manage staff with a focus on professional development and continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders by encouraging a collaborative culture that aligns the objectives with key stakeholders.
- Represent the Department, providing professional procurement input, advice and solutions to inter-departmental working groups.
- Conduct outreach/business development to facilitate the consultants / suppliers awareness of and participation in procurement opportunities. Identify suitable opportunities for outreach and design bespoke material where necessary. Directly accountable for the engagement and effective overall management of staff including recruitment, compensation, performance management, coaching and development.
The successful Associate Director - Procurement will:-
- Comprehensive knowledge of the global consultancy market for technical assistance,
- High level of experience in contract matters, including negotiation and contract award of consultancy services in an international environment and ability to lead negotiations and make judgement calls;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MCIPS) or equivalent is preferable.
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Problem solver with good business judgement.
- Change management skills.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent English language skills, both oral and written.
- Experience of responding effectively to the needs of multiple stakeholders using innovative approaches to coordinate potentially conflicting objectives;
- Acting with fiduciary responsibility and integrity;
- Clear understanding of good corporate governance and issues of segregation of duties.
On offer is an exceptional opportunity with a business which is transforming the way they do procurement. This is challenging opportunity which does not come round everyday.