My client is a leading supply chain management business that provide end to end solutions for their industrial clients.
The business work with some incredibly prestigious customers particularly in Automotive and Manufacturing. They have experience exponential growth in the UK and envisage further growth mainly through acquisition.
They are looking for an experienced Branch General Manager to oversee all functions including; warehousing, transport, sales, customer services and procurement.
The Branch General Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Achieve branch sales, margin and targets.
- To ensure a first-class service to all our customers.
- To drive the branch team focusing on great customer service and communication.
- To drive the branch team to achieve sales and Promotional targets.
- Manage and control branch and running costs.
- Manage stock control, including stock taking and adjustments.
- Manage cash handling and control of specific customer accounts.
- Support the organisation's senior management in implementing and maintaining policies and procedures.
- Communication to your team, key aims and objectives.
- Responsibility for the daily running of all aspects of the branch.
- Responsibility for maintaining health and safety within your depot.
- You must be self-driven and enjoy working as a team to achieve results.
- Knowledge of the local areas and customer base would be a desired.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Senior level experience managing operational teams (+10 years), ideally within a global organisation
- Ability to lead & drive performance to meet business goals
- Proven record of achieving revenue, margin and cash targets
- Comfortable engaging with our wide customer base at all levels
- Results driven attitude
- A passion for customer service excellence
- Excellent people management skills
- Sound financial acumen; prior responsibility for P&L and balance sheet performance
- Deployment of lean tools and techniques e.g. kanban, ideally within a warehouse environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time
- Experience of Automotive customers desirable
- Flexibility to travel as required.
£50,000 - £60,000 + benefits