My client is a leading parts distribution business based in the West Midlands.
They are looking for a Branch Manager to manage all aspects of business including; operations, P&L, customer service and account management.
The business are a Global player in parts distribution and they are looking for someone to manage all logistics activities within the distribution centre during a period of massive growth and change.
The Operations Director is looking for someone who has experience of working within a similar operation and sector and has operated at Branch management or General management level.
The business also need someone who is well versed in managing both operations and head office functions like sales and customer services.
Core Responsibilities of Branch Manager:
- Overseeing recruitment and the capabilities & performance of the branch personnel; responsible for the annual staff appraisal process.
- Evaluating employee performance and providing feedback & coaching as needed.
- Weekly and monthly reporting of branch financial performance through the S&OP process.
- Developing branch forecasts and business plans.
- Managing budgets and defining financial objectives.
- Conducting regular sales and operations meetings.
- Supporting external sales opportunities including customer facing presentations.
- Interacting with customers on a regular basis to monitor satisfaction.
- Ensuring site compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Encouraging a performance driven culture across the business, through deployment of key operational metrics & targets
- Senior level experience managing operational teams (+10 years), ideally within a global organisation
- Ability to lead & drive performance to meet business goals
- Proven record of achieving revenue, margin and cash targets
- Comfortable engaging with our wide customer base at all levels
- Results driven attitude
- A passion for customer service excellence
- Excellent people management skills
- Sound financial acumen; prior responsibility for P&L and balance sheet performance
- Deployment of lean tools and techniques e.g. kanban, ideally within a warehouse environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at one time
- Parts distribtuion knowledge a plus but not essential
- Experience of automotive customers desirable
- Flexibility to travel as required.
£60,000 - £70,000 + Car + Bonus