My client are a well know UK 3PL who continue to dominate their sector. Offering world-class service to their Customers, with a flexible approach.
Many of my clients customers are long-standing relationships. The role of Business Unit Director is to continue to manage these key relationships as well as look to further develop their market share with on-boarding new customers.
- Take direct responsibility for the output and motivation of a team of four senior managers
- Ensure direct reports / team members achieve budgeted sales and growth targets as defined within the budget
- Develop direct reports to achieve their full potential
- Develop / own the agreed cost model against which new business opportunities need to be considered
- Identify opportunities to drive better margins with existing customers on a site by site basis and sponsor activity / make recommendations to deliver them
- Oversee an effective customer account management process ensuring scheduled reviews include resolution of issues; KPI / service level analysis; additional revenue opportunities outside core service offering; financial management (e.g. credit control issues) and planned promotional activities
- Oversee the management of tender responses in a timely manner and be the key contributor for responses when requested (typically for larger opportunities), highlighting the risk and opportunity to the Board of potential new business in terms of pricing, contract terms and investment needed
- Relevant experience working in a commercial & operational role within a 3PL provider
- Customer relationship management experience including building trust and respect
- Experience within FMCG environment specifically
- Experience of working with / developing costing and pricing models
- Experience of transport and warehouse processes and systems of work
- Experience of presenting to and interpreting key information for Board level management
- Internal and external stakeholder Management
The ability to develop and lead the function, full autonomy in shaping how my Client continues to deliver world-class performance whilst taking market share.
£90,000 - £110,000 plus benefits
UK Travel expected