Buyer in construction Your new company
This company is a lead housing builder in England. It is currently in the process of moving into European markets. They credit them self on the land they buy, the location of the land, the price they can buy it for, and the best point in time to purchase it. Your new role
You will need to negotiate and procure all materials, labour and plant to ensure that the business' unit output programme is carried out professionally and with in budget. as well as ensure adequate resources on site to build the product in accordance with the planned programme. Monitor and evaluate subcontract performance and take any appropriate action. Last but not least, add value to the BU through the procurement process.
Some of the core duties entail:
What you'll need to succeed
- To prepare material schedules from house type drawings and liaise with site management on any later amendments and revisions. Negotiate and place orders with labour and material subcontractors/suppliers on a competitive tender basis.
- Ensure all specifications and programmes are complied with and that quality is not compromised.
- Negotiate and place orders for hiring any plant e.g. forklifts, dumpers etc and maintain a plant register where appropriate.
- Monitor invoicing procedures and resolve any issues in conjunction with the Finance Department.
- Work with all suppliers to negotiate best deals where appropriate and work with other departments to improve cost effectiveness.
- Oversee site stock on a regular basis.
- Monitor material quality and the performance of suppliers and subcontractors in conjunction with site based staff.
- Provide feedback to suppliers and subcontractors outlining where an unacceptable standard of materials or performance has been identified.
- Calculate all the prime costs on developments within the business, reporting any movements in the costs since the preparation of the land purchase exercise. Prime costs to include but not restricted to house pricing, labour costs, site work operations and remediation work.
- Provide a detailed cost budget and share with Site Manager at the appropriate time.
- Detail a labour cost schedule including anticipated target hours.
- Maintain schedules of quantities and price them individually for prime cost budget.
- Development and administration of customer options.
- Promotion and development of waste management processes.
- Ensure aware of continuing product development in light of changes in legislation i.e. building regulations etc.
- Attend pre-tender, pre-start, specification and any other relevant meeting as required under the Operational Framework.
- Undertake regular site visits.
You will need good leadership skills as you are working with a large amount of people, good motivation skills to keep to deadlines, and know when to push your team to work harder.
You must have good negotiation skills as getting the best price possible, excellent Business acumen, and attention to detail.
Whilst my client is open to seeing CV's of candidates with construction experience it is strongly desirable to have strong knowledge of all buying and quantity surveying activities, good knowledge of building regulations, NHBC and Health and Safety requirements. What you'll get in return
You will get the privilege of being the back bone in the build of new houses in the Oxfordshire area. As well as working with a wide variety of hard working and dedicated employees. Who are there to help you and make sure all your goals and targets are met on time. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.