Taunton based manufacturer seeks experienced Buyer for 12 month FTC. Your new company
Taunton based global manufacturer Your new role
Your new role as Buyer will see you manage a particular area of spend within this growing organisation. You will be tasked with a wide range of purchasing duties that will see you add value to the companies manufacturing operations. Your duties include (but are not limited to):
- Negotiate price and service and monitor supplier quality and service- feedback as appropriate, forecasting, order placement and follow-up and negotiating best delivery terms, providing a strong knowledge, comprehensive professional support to project managers and supply base that underpins the Swallowfield business and derive the best value from it whilst managing risk.
- Negotiate terms and prices directly with vendors.
- To approve and take ownership of purchase pricing both in terms of ensuring best buying practice and negotiation and the formal aspects of actual and future price data in ERP system.
Skills required for the role:
What you'll get in return
- Working knowledge of strategic sourcing and supplier management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Organised, systematic and computer literate
- Collaborative working practices
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise conflicting deadlines
Salary up to £30,000 + Benefits. 12 Month FTC. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.