Join a leading FMCG distribution business based in reading. The Buyer role comes with huge opportunity for progression and a great salary and benefits package.Client Details
My client is a leading FMCG distribution business based in Reading looking to recruit a Buyer in to their team.Description
The key responsibilites for the Buyer within the FMCG distribution business based in Reading are as follows:
- Be responsible for all stock replenishment on run rate product.
- Forecasting stock as required
- Support and interrogate all customer forecasts
- Negotiate, maintain and improve all terms and pricing with supplier
- Take ownership of vendor issues and look for process and efficiency improvements
- Raise, get approved and send purchase orders to suppliers, whilst adhering to all relevant procedures
- Resolve queries or discrepancies on supplier invoices
- Ensure all price protections and claims are communicated to the vendor bid team.
- Plan and report end of month forecast stock holding on a weekly basis
- Complete aged stock reporting and attend weekly meetings
- Maintain supplier relationships, organise and attend regular meetings and QBR’s
- Delegation of tasks to the Assistant Buyers
The successful candidate for the Buyer role based in Reading will have the following skill set:
- Knowledge within procurement/supply chain in the FMCG sector
- Excellent Communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability & Initiative
- Confidence & Determination
- Good administrative skills.
The buyer role comes with a competitive salary plus bonus and benefits, as well as tones of progression.