Your new company
This new, exciting role is to work for a established Procurement Function in the Oxfordshire. My client are a world renowned business with a clear, commercial business plan to grow.
Your new role
To manage allocated areas of expenditure at the appropriate level that will typically contain
both 'repetitive' and 'one off' purchases. Adopting best practice Procurement processes to
identify key areas of opportunity, maximising benefits and returns. The holder will be
required to build relationships with internal stakeholders and work closely with the divisions
on a cross functional basis to deliver end to end sourcing solutions and value across the
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES/ KEY RESULT AREAS
- The timely delivery of any agreed procurement activities which contribute to the Procurement portfolio/pipeline including ongoing benefits management and contribution to team savings targets. This will include acting as the sourcing lead on agreed projects within the portfolio.
- To build and maintain effective relationships with key internal Customers and Stakeholders, and with Suppliers.
- Support supplier transition within the operational context for any new supplier appointments.
- Support or lead in the delivery of business analysis under guidance from the Category Manager to include costs analysis for opportunity identification and negotiation planning.
- Provide procurement expertise to negotiate optimum supply terms, formalise supply contracts and implement suitably authorised, acceptable, preferred/approved supply arrangements to satisfy Company strategy and business needs.
- To understand supplier pricing models and be able to resolve internal and supplier queries.
- Develop, measure and monitor KPI's, Supply Level Agreements and continuous improvement for category through quarterly reviews with suppliers.
- Work closely with the operations in order to deliver a robust supplier management programme that can be delivered on an on-going basis.
- Seek to improve supplier performance through internal feedback and a close working relationship with suppliers and internal customers.
- To study and employ the theory and application of the full range of modern procurement tools and techniques to develop an in depth understanding of the dynamics of the relevant supply markets.
- To develop work plans and prioritise to be an effective team member.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to be progressed in this role you will have:
- Excellent commercial and negotiation skills are essential.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Creates innovative solutions
- An effective problem solver
- Ability of gaining knowledge quickly
- Supplier Management experience
- 2+ years experience of working in a Procurement environment, ideally looking after
- indirect categories
- Experience of working to procurement governance and delivering value
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer focused
- Good communicator
- Project management and documentation writing skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.