My client is a leading FMCG Distribution Business based in Reading looking to hire a Buyer in to their every expanding team!
The key responsibilities for the Buyer role based in Reading are as follows:
- Be responsible for all stock replenishment on run rate product.
- Forecasting stock as required
- Support and interrogate all customer forecasts
- Negotiate, maintain and improve all terms and pricing with supplier
- Take ownership of vendor issues and look for process and efficiency improvements
- Raise, get approved and send purchase orders to suppliers, whilst adhering to all relevant procedures
- Resolve queries or discrepancies on supplier invoices
- Ensure all price protections and claims are communicated to the vendor bid team.
- Plan and report end of month forecast stock holding on a weekly basis
- Complete aged stock reporting and attend weekly meetings
- Maintain supplier relationships, organise and attend regular meetings and QBR's
- Delegation of tasks to the Assistant Buyers
The successful candidate for the Buyer role based in Reading will have the following skill set:
- Experience of working within distribution or vendor responsible for Channel preferred
- Excellent Communication skills
- Flexibility, adaptability & Initiative
- Confidence & Determination
- Good administrative skills.
The candidate is offered a basic salary plus a £9k plus bonus as well as other benefits on top. The role also offers career progression.