My client is looking for a Buyer to support the contract management process to maximise value from supplier relationships and support the delivery of their Procurement Strategy and Annual Procurement Plan.
- Support the Senior Buyers and/or leading in larger sourcing events. Lead in smaller sourcing events.
- Act as the first point of contact for both suppliers and business stakeholders to help resolve sourcing and contract queries.
- Act as the key point of contact to stakeholders to assist in resolution of procurement systems/initiative queries (for example provide expert guidance/training to SRM users).
- Ensure ongoing business stakeholder compliance with procurement policy, procedures and processes and assisting in the development and implementation of any new policy, procedures and processes.
- Contribute to the ongoing development and performance improvement of the Procurement Team through the active participation in both current and future development projects.
- Ensure efficient and accurate administration and maintenance of records, files and associated systems (including Vendor Master and Framework Order creation).
- Maintain appropriate electronic and hard copy document records of contracts and related contractual documentation.
You will have/be:
- Relevant procurement experience and/or MCIPS qualification with some practical experience
- A strong Commercial awareness and understanding of contract terms.
- A good understanding of EU procurement regulations and contract processes, procedures and best practices
- The ability to communicate and interact effectively at all levels within the business. Good written communication skills
- The ability to work both under own initiative and as part of a team
- The ability to prioritise own workload and multi-task
- Good working knowledge of E-Procurement and Microsoft Office packages
- The ability to operate procurement information systems and data manipulation, ideally with experience of using major ERP applications (SAP R/3, SAP SRM etc).
What you will receive:
- Starting salary of £39,234
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Competitive pension scheme
- Flexible benefits options
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.