Multinational services organisation
- Tactical management of categories to ensure delivery of objectives defined by Procurement Manager.
- Ensuring that all buying activities are carried out in accordance with procurement processes and working with business units to resolve compliance issues.
- Identifying any opportunity to continually improve processes to ensure lean, effective procurement process supporting operations.
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance to Preferred Supplier Agreements.
- Responsible for conducting RFQ and tender process through to negotiating with suppliers and drafting contracts.
- Monitor and managing supplier performance in accordance with agreed KPI's.
- Ensuring rebates are tracked, reported and collected in a timely manner (Dependant on contract).
- Carrying out key supplier reviews in accordance with the latest forms and guidance.
- Continually reviewing sustainability profile of the key suppliers and products to ensure the principals of sustainable procurement are applied by the buying team wherever possible.
- Establishing strong links with operational teams and continually improving the procurement service provided. Attending operational meetings and visiting sites as and when required.
- Show awareness of goals & standards.
- Follow through to ensure that quality & productivity standards are met.
- Demonstrate a readiness to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Organise and schedule events, activate and resource.
- Monitor timescales and plans.
- Understand technical or professional aspects of work and continually maintains technical knowledge.
- Maintain effective work behaviour in the face of setbacks or pressure. Remains calm, stable and in control of themselves.
- Should speak clearly, fluently & in a compelling manner to both individuals & groups.
- Writes in a clear & concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Analyse issues & break them down into their component parts. Makes systematic & rational judgements based on relevant information.
- Demonstrate a broad based view of issues, events and activities and a perception of their longer term impact or wider implications.
- Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
£25,000 - £30,000pa + competitive package