Operational Buyer required for market leading Cwmbran based manufacturer.
- To procure direct materials in line with operational requirements; actioning the outputs of MRP
- Ensure on-time deliveries through effective order book management.
- Management of a portfolio of suppliers to achieve quality, delivery and customer service levels across specific product groups and develop excellent working relationships to continuously improve the added value of our supply base.
- To provide management metrics which allows accurate and easy monitoring of progress
- To accurately report delivery status of parts
- To resolve discrepancy and invoice queries
- Working closely with Supplier Quality Assurance team to resolve non-conforming material issues, ensure robust corrective and preventative actions are in place
- Actively perform and report on root cause analysis and drive through preventative actions against missed KPI's including On Time in Full and cost avoidance
- Be actively involved in programmes and QRQC Process to ensure continuous improvement of people, processes and systems to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the Operational Procurement team and the wider business
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.