My client are a leading food manufacturer and have a number of sites UK wide. They predominantly specialise within chilled food manufacturing and supply grocery and other retailers including all of the major UK supermarkets.
As the Site Buyer based in the Peterborough area, you will have the following responsibilities:
- Creating, developing and implementing the site purchasing strategy for ingredients and packaging
- Contribute ideas and information to support the implementation of a sourcing strategy, ensuring that current business performance targets are achieved and ensure the site is aligned to the overall strategy
- Provide data and insight to support all sourcing activity for the site, to ensure that the total cost of the portfolio is managed efficiently and effectively
- Developing key internal relationships with stakeholders (Supply Chain, NPD, Sustainability & Quality, Distribution and Operations)
- Timely adherence to purchasing and sourcing policy and practice to ensure that activities are aligned and focused on common goals
- Establish and monitor information sources/data and forecast prices, to ensure accurate business forecasting and support of commercial teams
The successful candidate for the Buyer role based in Peterborough will be of degree calibre and proficient in Microsoft office suite, alongside strong numerical skills.
You will have a strong food, packaging or ingredients procurement background from an FMCG, Food Services or Retail business and extensive supplier management and sourcing experience.
The successful candidate for this exciting role will be offered a competitive salary, car allowance, bonus and 8% matched pension.