My client is a global defence business with an annual turnover exceeding £4.5 billion
- Ensure timely and conforming product manufacture through controlled and optimised procurement practices ensuring stock and work in progress are kept to safe shortage free levels
- Provide support in addressing challenging yet ultimately achievable goals and targets for procurement based on sound and proven industry best practice
- Work closely with Production Control to achieve all material requirements
- Prioritise and adjust workload to support the overall needs of the production plan
- Liaise with suppliers and internal Quality Manager to redress any supplier quality deficiencies in a timely manner
- Identify and make recommendations on Make/Buy options
- Ensure all importation regulations relating to procurement are met
- Ensure flow down and compliance to contract specific and standard procurement terms and conditions
- Negotiation Skills
- Stakeholder Management
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Knowledge of Procurement "best practices"
- Procurement knowledge within a highly regulated industry e.g. Aerospace, Defence, Automotive or Medical Devices
Competitive Salary & Package
Opportunity to work within a global leading defence organisation with multiple internal progression routes.