My client is a leading airline catering business with an annual turnover exceeding £3.5 billion, the team are still growing and are now looking for a Buyer to join their central Procurement team in Feltham
- Delivering key Procurement projects as identified in the Category Plan. Engage and receive support from stakeholders. Run project meetings, maintain project plans and communicate clear actions and progress to ensure on time and as expected delivery of main project activities.
- Provide the Global Procurement Manager with data management and analytics. Gather, challenge and verify accuracy of data. Manage and finalise current situation, scenario and potential cost propositions. Communicate findings, assumptions and challenges clearly and efficiently, before implementation.
- Run Procurement tenders and negotiate initial proposals from suppliers. Produce clear recommendations and negotiation plans, before implementation.
- Manages SRM (Supplier Relationship Management) Programme with assigned suppliers. Gather data from across the business, produce clear and accurate reporting, manage supplier meetings, communicate and allocate actions as appropriate.
- Produce monthly Procurement KPI's, including spend analytics, supplier performance and benefit tracking against budget
- Defining annual Budget and report actual category performance monthly by project against budget
- Communicate Company Procurement Strategy effectively to the supply base.
- Participating in Group, Centre of Excellence or Group Procurement projects as assigned
- Understanding of the delivery of a procurement category strategy and procurement category benefits including financial savings
- Negotiation skills
- Good handling of all stakeholder groups and creating networks
- Experience in purchasing of food & beverages
- Understanding of strategic sourcing and demand levers and cross-functional approaches and ability to adapt levers to cope with specific challenges
- Experience in managing and delivering projects on time in international and cross-entity settings
Competitive Salary & Package