PURCHASING OPPORTUNITIES - BUYERS/CAT MANAGERS - TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT
Your new company
A well-established Manufacturing business based in Lincolnshire are looking for individuals to fill a number of temporary Buyer / Category Manager positions to work within their Procurement Team.
Your new role
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, your new role will be to implement and ensure the effectiveness of contracts negotiated by the team including KPI's, Service Level Agreements, Supplier development and internal CI programme's to share best practices
- Mapping out the local procurement processes and identifying key local stakeholders to implement effective sourcing processes
- Engaging with stakeholders to develop procurement specifications and volume requirements.
- Developing project plans and ensuring that sourcing processes are completed to time, supply risks are managed and supplier changes are made without business interruption.
- Leading the implementation of sourcing processes to ensure that contracts are effectively translated into the appropriate local purchase to pay IT systems.
- Monitoring and assessing supplier performance against the agreed delivery/quality criteria established in the contracts.
- Monitoring and managing end user compliance to contracts, challenging end user non-compliance and taking appropriate corrective actions to ensure maximum delivery of financial benefits to business.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experienced as a purchasing professional or within a commercial role.
- Knowledgeable in the use IT and Procurement technology.
- Knowledgeable of purchase to pay systems and how they are implemented.
- A good analytical thinker with an excellent attention to detail when gathering information.
- A good understanding of procurement processes, procedures and quality management systems.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent or working towards a CIPS qualification.
- Essential competencies for this role include: customer focus, cross cultural resourcefulness, teamwork, interpersonal sensitivity, tenacity/perseverance, informing, active listening/information gathering, planning/organising, priority setting, self-development, business awareness and decision making/judgement.
What you'll get in return
Attractive Salary negotiable dependent upon experience
An exciting challenge
Opportunity for a permanent contract in the future
Free, Onsite Parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.