Your new company
We are recruiting an experienced Buyer for a permanent opportunity in Belfast.
Your new role
- Deal with all Medicines and Food Supplements suppliers and ensure good relationships are developed and maintained.
- Establish and agree Annual Group Sales and profit targets with Senior Management.
- Ensure that best price is achieved for all purchases.
- Communicate with Area Management Team and Branch Managers with regard to Medicines and Food Supplements sales and marketing plans.
- Identify and action opportunities to develop the Medicine and Food Supplement business, improve efficiency and minimise overheads.
- Deliver marketing objectives as set out by the company to drive the Medicines and Food Supplements business.
- Coach, train and develop staff, in conjunction with the Area Management Team and Professional Services Manager, to maximise and update their product knowledge to deliver high standards of customer service.
- Pursue and obtain a credit for any shortages / breakages etc.
- Ensure all premium Medicines and Food Supplement product ranges are current.
- Oversee that merchandising standards are achieved and ensure all appropriate instore point of sale is correctly positioned.
- Implement promotions programmes and ensure all staff are aware of and understand the offers and are aware of opportunities to link sell.
- Provide evaluation of all promotional activity carried out in line with marketing plans.
- Approve agreed external promotional initiatives with Area Management Team and Branch Managers and ensure the management of external events is handled in a professional manner.
- Be aware of local competitor pricing and activity and, where these may have an adverse effect on the branches, relay necessary detail to the Area Management Team.
- Implement and maintain website sales and stock review for premium ranges.
- Undertake any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
What you'll need to succeed
- Educated to a degree level, or higher
- Previous experience in a Buying role within a fast paced environment
- IT literate
- Qualified medical professional with Buying experience
- Experience of buying medicines and/or food supplements
What you'll get in return
- Competitive salary
- Paid leave
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.