FMCG manufacturing company based in Medway, Kent.
The Buying Manager will be responsible for the strategic management of commodity purchases through effective planning, supplier management and negotiation.
- Develop and promote the Procurement strategy
- Build, maintain and promote effective working relationships with supplier and internal customers
- Negotiate best prices for supply of goods and services
- Analyse and asses customer profitability and risk
- Review stock levels, order status and ensure material is available when required
The successful Buying Manager will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven success in a Purchasing team
- Ability to interpret complex data
- An understanding of commodity markets and the need to adapt quickly
- CIPS - desirable
Competitive salary and package