Are you an ambitious, strategic thinker in Procurement and feel you have outgrown your current role?
1st Executive are currently engaged on a fantastic opportunity with a Global 500 organisation based in Amsterdam, for an ambitious Wholesale Building Materials or Retail Category Director, who will bring a strategic, company-wide sourcing perspective to the management of a complex, global supply chain and the associated supplier relationships. Your sourcing leadership and experience will help our client's continued development of a best in class organisation.
The role purpose is to ensure the sourcing of a specific range of good and materials at the best possible TCO, with the European Category Manager participating in all relevant commercial discussions with suppliers related to specific products (within own area); as well as owning and driving regular business review meetings with suppliers; managing multiple source qualifications and providing price provisioning on product level during budgeting / business case phase.
Job Title: European Category Manager Building Materials / European Category Manager GFR
Reports To: Head of Procurement
Location: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Salary: €110k - €140k + Bonus + Package
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing assigned category in region by leading cross-functional and cross-regional team
- Accountability for results at regional level
- Acting as interface with countries (communications to countries and from the countries will be done through the European Category Manager)
- Implementing category strategy on OpCo/Business level
- Tailoring category strategy to needs of Division, defining Division priorities and aligning priorities with countries
- Leading Country Category Manager with country or regional processes
- Developing and managing relationship with key suppliers in the category
- Driving the realization of savings, efficiency, quality, and process improvements
- Translating category and supplier strategies into executable sourcing plans based on actual portfolio demands
- Liaising with Global Category Manager for the anticipation and handling of changes based on supply market dynamics
- Autonomy to innovate and deliver new approaches that impact the bottom and the top line
- Grow in a fast-pace environment where every day is day one
- Being surrounded by inspiring and diverse individuals
- Learn from people with a wide variety of professional backgrounds
- High degree of travel and exposure to international projects
- Ability to develop new skills and opportunities through lateral, geographical or functional moves
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Degree in Business or Technical field, Master's would be an advantage
- You have extensive experience in strategic sourcing within both the Building Materials, Retail or GFR categories, and relevant industries
- You have the ability to make decisions wherever and whenever possible using large data-sets
- You simplify and always encourage others to innovate, changing inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
- 8 years of Procurement experience in international setting and 3 years of People Management experience
- Recent experience in managing similar categories in a large, complex, multi-country organization
- Fluent written and verbal English is a must, other languages are considered a plus, particularly French or German
I have a deadline of 6pm CEST on Monday, 27th May so please do get in touch on +44 1483 213 315 or at[email removed] ASAP to avoid missing out.