Michael Page Procurement are pleased to be supporting a leading business with the appointment of an interim Category Manager to work with the Head of Procurement to help lead and manage the Procurement activities and best practise to negotiate contracts for goods & services whilst developing procurement strategies that will maximise business efficiency and deliver value for money.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Creation and leading of a category management for indirect spend such as ICT, Retail and Commercial and to drive the category and sourcing strategy
Development of one, three- and five-year category plans, to include plan for individual sourcing projects, identified cost saving benefits and timeframes for category development
Scheduling and running regular category review meetings with key stakeholders.
Continually develop functional expertise and category knowledge ensuring it is utilised across the business to improve business performance.
- Managing the delivery of spend analysis and supply market research.
- Developing a portfolio of category specific market intelligence.
- Developing specifications for commodities, products and services.
- Drafting Pre-Qualification Questionnaires, Invitation to Tenders and other tender documentation.
- Running tender evaluation and the supplier selection processes.
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost by agreed objectives through effective management of demand through policy and buying behaviour.
- Reviewing category spend on a monthly basis looking for spend peaks and investigating unusually high spend.
- Identifying and reducing maverick spend to consolidate all category spend to the designate suppliers
- Challenging and re-engineering specifications where appropriate.
- Leading the contract management responsibility for the category area.
- The development of SLAs and KPIs which will form the basis of contract management and monitoring.
- Ensuring the availability of data to support supplier performance reporting and reviews.
- Ensuring suppliers continue to deliver best value by actively benchmarking against identified and approved comparators.
In order to be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a strong category management background across a breadth of categories including ideally ICT.
For immediate consideration apply now!