A leading global manufacturer
- Manage purchases of indirect categories and services.
- Utilise strategic sourcing processes to manage assigned categories by identifying stakeholders, defining and implementing a strategy that reduces cost and improves quality.
- Consolidate spend to create leverage, purchasing trends and sourcing alternatives.
- Develop expertise in assigned categories through external research, analysis of cost drivers and life cycle costs.
- Implement appropriate procedures to ensure import and export compliance keeping up-to-date with latest customs regulations.
- Over 5 years experience within procurement.
- Recent category management experience within a manufacturing environment.
- MCIPS or part CIPS qualified and working toward MCIPS qualification
- Excellent IT skills particularly in MS Excel V-Lookup and Pivot Table functions
- Customs experience is highly desirable