My client is a multinational FMCG manufacturer that places their product at the heart of what they do, it is a forward thinking and fast paced environment. They have global customer and supply base and they are looking for a Category Manager to join their experienced purchasing function and continue to grow and develop themselves and the business.
The key responsibilities for this role based in St. Helens will be;
- To find and source the necessary ingredients and additives needed to manufacture their product using new and existing suppliers.
- Aiding new product development from creation to delivery finding sustainable materials and enhancing the product.
- Creating and implementing Sourcing strategies/processes/cost down initiatives and sharing best practice throughout the Purchasing function.
- Mitigating risk and taking total cost into consideration at all times whilst managing a global supply base.
- Negotiate and communicate with suppliers for both raw materials and packaging ensuring that the best terms, quality and efficiency is achieved.
- Responsible for an element of indirect spend in order for the business to operate accordingly.
- React to market trends quickly and identify any potential opportunities and improvements.
The successful candidate for this Category Manager role will be the following;
- From an FMCG purchasing background within food and drink with 3 years plus experience in a similar level role.
- Great experience and understanding of ingredients and additives etc.
- Managed a similar category in previous roles.
- Able to demonstrate on their CV and verbally sourcing strategies and cost downs they have implemented previously as well as various other strategic achievements.
- Have a forward thinking and innovative mind-set and the ability to react to the market in a fast paced environment.
- Preferably degree and CIPS qualified.
£35,000 - £50,000 plus package