Large Central Government Department & Ministerial Body looking for a Category Manager with purchasing and procurement experience - you will be based in the North West England or North Wales
- Category Manager to lead & participate in delivery of projects, procurement's and contract management roles across the full commercial life cycle, and provide functional / specialist input to improve ways of working and business change & efficiency.
- Influence compliance with policy / legislation / best practice ways of working and contribute to the delivery of plans.
- Contribute to the development of policy / process at national / local level and monitor and advise on effective implementation in the business
- The following experience is essential to this Category Manager post and will be tested at sift and interview:
- - An accomplished Commercial professional with a track record of setting high standards and delivering results in a complex and demanding environment
- - Experience at influencing Commercial decisions at an operational leve
- - A proven manager with experience of leading strategic contract award negotiations and resolving dispute resolutions through negotiation
- - Demonstrable experience within a challenging and/or complex commercial environment
- - Delivering improvements to ways of working and embedding change.
Time to study
Civil Service Pension
An excellent and agile working environment
Some home working