Experienced Category Manager
Your new company
My Client are a Public-Sector Body, who provides a wide range of specialist services including, Education, Training and Research. Their current situation is that, they have just gone through a company restructure, and are now looking to imbed a permanent structure.
Your new role
- To maximise value from the supply chain by developing and leading on strategic procurement and category management across the designated corporate expenditure categories.
- To be the dedicated point of contact for all procurement and supply chain issues associate with the designated category of expenditure and to coordinate activities with the divisional Procurement Business Partners where appropriate (e.g. for ICT).
- To manage designated expenditure categories across the Trust divisions where appropriate.
- To carry out appropriate levels of assurance and due diligence across the supply chain to assess any risk, confirm appropriate standards are being maintained, ensure reliability of supply, and ensure legislative and contractual compliance.
- To develop category expertise and deep market knowledge & information to the organisation that can inform the development of strategic sourcing plans that maximise value to the Trust from the supply chain.
- To report on procurement and commercial activity to the division and for the spend categories via appropriate and relevant ways (dashboards, reports, KPIs, data analysis) - and work in conjunction with others to ensure consistency and reliability of such information and reporting.
- Support the Deputy Director of Strategic Sourcing for Corporate & Non-Clinical in the development and implementation of the Trust's Procurement & Supply Chain Strategy. This will involve working with and influencing senior Trust managers and that Procurement & Supply Chain Strategy is understood and that effective support for the strategy is achieved.
The role is to provide a high-level of expert knowledge and skill to ensure:
- Best practice procurement and strategic sourcing
- Maximise value from the supply chain
- Well defined procurement category plan and strategies
- Management of risk
- Value for money
- The development and implementation of innovation
- Tracked benefits & contract compliance
- Managed relationships with key stakeholders, including suppliers and other agencies.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree level education or equivalent
- Recognised continuing personal/career development at an advanced level
- Evidence of highly developed specialist knowledge underpinned by theory and experience.
- Management skills and knowledge acquired through training and experience.
- Experience of managing complex procurement projects including business case, options appraisal, tender documentation, tender evaluation and contract award processes.
- A working knowledge of the Public Sector - and public-sector procurement rules.
- Knowledge of Category Management techniques and experience of the development and implementation of category management plans and processes across significant categories of expenditure.
- Strong understanding of unlocking value from procurement & supply chain, such as sourcing, tendering, demand management, standardisation and contract management.
- Experience of working proactively with key suppliers to develop and adopt innovative products and solutions.
- Experience in Supplier Relationship Management, including supplier performance, continuous improvement and management of supplier expectations.
- Experience in OJEU
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office software, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Experience of using specialist e-procurement tools including e-tendering, e-sourcing and reverse auctions.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to be tactful and diplomatic and communicate effectively with colleagues and suppliers
- Prince2 or other recognised project management qualifications
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Member of category-specific professional body
- Personal/career development to master's level or equivalent.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.