National organisation embarking on a large change programme with procurement at the forefront.
The Category Manager will be responsible for:
- Develop and implement procurement strategies to deliver specific savings and efficiency targets
- Communicate strategies and objectives and build solid and effective relationships with the wider business
- Influence senior stakeholders within the organisation
- Support Data Analyst in interpreting spend data
- Work jointly with Business Units to manage performance and relationship with strategic suppliers.
- Conduct supplier negotiation for more complicated and/or strategically important contracts/supply agreements
- Ensure compliance to sourcing processes and contracts with agreed group policies, legal requirements, engendering professional ethics
- Monitor and report savings benefit
- Tender preparation and analysis
- Functional process and procedure optimisation (e.g. E-Procurement solutions)
- Contract drafting and assessment
- Acquisition integration, from a P&SC functional perspective
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of the supply markets and associated vendor bases associated with the following areas:
- Strategic Sourcing and Procurement
- Good commercial background applied within an infrastructure &/or construction background
- Sub Contract Management / Outsourcing
- Complex framework agreements managing sub contractor cost and performance associated with the provision of both goods and service
- Subcontractors services for various trade
- Member of professional body eg MCIPS
- Results orientated with demonstrable success in achieving and exceeding challenging targets, both personally and through others
- Hands on; detailed and analytical, well developed tender preparation and contract experience
- Ability to and experience of, developing systems and procedures to a high standard and obtaining senior stakeholder 'buy in'
- Highly effective in spotting and realising commercial innovation and delivering enhanced supplier performance through best practice supplier management and development techniques.
Up to £55,000pa DOE + car allowance + bonus