My client has a presence all around the country and is one of the most established brands in the UK, with over 600 outlets. Their fantastic take on good quality food, in a great atmosphere, has enabled them to seize the market and be one of the biggest players competing in the casual fast dining space.
This Category Manager role will report directly to the Head of Food Spend, deliver an effective strategy throughout the team to drive for reduced costs aligned with improved business practices in partnership with key suppliers whilst ensuring company strategic and operational objectives are met
- Categories could include: Meat, Produce, Ambient, Deserts, Drinks & Impulse.
- Addressing all daily supply chain issues as they arise
- Make significant savings whilst keeping high quality goods being purchased
- Providing sourcing and purchasing activities as requested for restaurants.
- Preparing bid packages and evaluating vendor quotes and services.
Supplier Relationship Management
- Managing new supplier requests and offering suggestions on most desirable suppliers.
- Develop supplier relationships and monitor supplier performances
- Working with suppliers and distribution centres to quickly address and prevent food quality issues
- Manage supply chain and risk across all packaging categories reviewed
The ideal candidate will:
- A good purchasing experience within food services, restaurants or food retailers.
- Experience working with FMCG / Food Services / Restaurant Retail
- Passionate about food
- Strong stakeholder management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to negotiate on major contracts and have amazing working relationships with suppliers
- Have the ability to execute projects independently and effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- CIPS Qualified
- Adaptability - Able to adapt dependent on what is presented in front of them, changes in environment or needs of key stakeholders
- Client / Consumer Focus - Able to provide excellent customer service that builds lasting business relationships.
- Organised - Is able to priorities when demands of the individual is high and time is crucial.
- Passion - Looks to replicate success, learn from mistakes and develop the ideas, innovation and practices that will help us improve and lead our market.
- Strong Analytical skills
- Team work - Evidence of an ability to work cross-functionally with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds
On offer is:
- £40,000 - £55,000 DOE
- Top bonus
- 25 days holidays
- Long term career growth opportunities