The client is a combined authority based across Yorkshire and the Category Officer role is available in either of the following locations: Wakefield / Hull / Sheffield or Northallerton.
As a Category Officer, your duties will include however are not limited to:
- Deliver procurement savings for specific categories
- Manage individual and collaborative procurement projects to ensure their effective delivery in line with customer requirements and timescales.
- Support customers in contract reviews for key contracts managed inside and outside of the central procurement function
- Ensure contract performance is reviewed and managed in line with KPI's and customer requirements are met or exceeded.
- Contribute to sustainable procurement strategies for specific categories and sub categories
- Be Level 4 CIPS or above
- Have worked in a procurement function previously
- Have an understanding of public sector procurement
Starting salary c.£24,000 + flexible locations + impressive benefits