Michael Page Procurement are pleased to be supporting a leading professional services business with the appointment of two Interim Catergory Specialists covering FM and ICT. Working as part of an already established team you will work with their customers to througout the UK to secure financial savings on their day to day costs.
The Category Specialists will contribute to the development of our clients procurement category management strategy across their Facillities Management and ICT categories.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Undertake consultancy work with our client base to review, improve and deliver best practice procurement policies and procedures across their organisation.
- Lead the development and implementation of category management strategy with specific emphasis on Facilities Management (Catering/Cleaning services) and ICT categories.
- Involved in leading and managing complex contracting solutions, spend aggregation strategies and collaborative procurement initiatives.
- Provide advice and guidance for contract management.
- Understanding market intelligence and undertake analysis activities in regard to supplier selection
- Manage bid activities from writing tenders to evaluation to selection, and provide cost breakdown analysis and quotation analysis
- Undertake sourcing and tendering activities
- Lead on e-sourcing strategies for relevant Category spends
- Ensure compliance in all areas of procurement activity
- Ensure commercial targets are achieved against the business plan for Category Spend.
- Proactively work and build effective key stakeholder and cross functional relationships is essential along with excellent commercial and negotiation skills
- Identify & implement best practice in all areas of procurement management and activity
- Mitigate risk and liability to the Company and to our clients wherever possible
- Assist with the development and delivery of procurement training sessions
- Get involved with ad hoc project work.
In order to be successful you will need to demonstrate a strong category management background gained either within the public or private sector and be available to start at short notice.
For immediate consideration apply now!