* Accountable for all commercial activities across the Digital and Technology (D&T) category
* Apply in-depth understanding of how the business and the external marketplace interact and perform
* Identifies markets to strengthen the range and quality of options available to government in its commercial arrangements.
* From commercial expertise and knowledge of Digital and Technology (D&T) will identify resource requirements to deliver the commercial pipeline.
* Engage with other government departments (as required) in order to align with current best practice and governance requirements. Takes in to account the market, long-term resilience of supply chains and opportunities to innovate, secure Commercial gain and mitigate risk.
* Considers key Government, financial, legal, policy and commercial issues to develop contracting models and successfully implements these.
* Support the development of Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and service obligations for supplier contracts to ensure inclusion of appropriate service standards, educating contract/ supplier managers on the repercussions of them not being met.
4+ years in ICT procurement across a range of sectors, ideally some in government
MCIPS qualified, or QBE, or ideally a GCF badge at A or B grade
Experience of significant commercial change programmes
Extensive knowledge of the data, technology & ict supplier base
Excellent working environment