- To ensure that all commercial activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations, Policies and Procedures and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money.
- To proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy requirements.
- To draft and issue ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc. and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award.
- To negotiate contract terms, conditions and prices within delegated/licensed powers for Procurement activity with a view to delivering against the Benefits Realisation Plan.
- Undertake contract/team administration as required.
- Maintain professional standards and provide commercial support and advice to staff, stakeholders and customers.
- To effectively manage the contracts within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary.
- To assist in setting targets and objectives for the organisation and to support and monitor achievement against these.
- Ensure Commercial MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time.
- To actively contribute to the development of tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting transformation
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure currency with EU and Commercial Procurement practices and Regulations and maximise contribution to the business.
- Mentor junior staff within the organisation to facilitate their personal and professional development
Essential: 3+ years of business/procurement/contracting experience,
Desirable: CIPS Level 4 or above, public sector contracting knowledge and experience (including application of EU Regulations), knowledge of government procurement processes. Experience of using e-procurement tools.
Good written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work as a member of a team.
Numerate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
Full Driving License Desirable to facilitate supplier visits.
Great working environment