Confidential Defence Sector
- To ensure that all commercial activity within your area of responsibility is performed to the highest standards, conforms to EU Procurement Regulations and Policies and Procedures and is monitored to ensure continuous improvement with the overall aim of obtaining best value for money.
- To proactively participate in development and implementation of Category Strategies to ensure these fully satisfy requirements.
- To contribute to development of coherent business strategies and ensure effective implementation in order to meet business objectives while taking account of implications across the business.
- To draft and issue ITTs/ITNs, contracts etc and manage the associated procurement process up to and beyond contract award.
- To negotiate contract terms, conditions and prices within delegated/licensed powers for Procurement activity with a view to delivering against the Benefits Realisation Plan.
- Maintain professional standards and provide commercial support and advice to staff, stakeholders and customers.
- To effectively manage the contracts within your responsibility by building strong working relationships with both contractor, customer and colleagues where necessary.
- To assist in setting targets and objectives for the organisation and to support and monitor achievement against these.
- Ensure Commercial MI is accurate and up to date and submitted on time.
- To actively contribute to the development of tools, processes and procedures, thereby supporting Transformation.
- Continuing Professional and Personal Development to ensure currency with EU and Commercial Procurement practices and Regulations and maximise contribution to the business.
- Manage self (and staff if appropriate) HR policies
- Mentor junior staff within the organisation to facilitate their personal and professional development
You will have no barriers to obtaining SC Clearence. Ideally you will have a degree in relevant discipline, public sector contracting knowledge and experience (including application of EU Regulations), MCIPS, knowledge of legacy MoD procurement processes, APMP or other Project Management qualification. Experience of using procurement tools such as Emptoris or SAGE.
Seasion Ticket Loans
Cycle to Work Scheme
Progression and Development Opportunities