Commodity Manager Required
My client, a leading international manufacturing business have an exciting new vacancy for a Commodity Manager to manage the end to end procurement of commodities for the business. This is a strategic role with a global business.
The successful candidate will be involved within the following:
- Develop and agree the Category Plan for a portfolio of commodities
- Setting project procurement plans in line with the agreed category strategy / plan and executing projects accordingly.
- Identification, approval and set-up of potential suitable suppliers for the commodity portfolio.
- Setting sourcing strategy for new contract opportunities.
- Run sourcing events based on agreed sourcing strategy.
- Evaluate supplier proposals and provide recommendations to the business for supplier appointment.
- Contract drafting, negotiation, approval and award.
- Support Materials & Vendor set-up in ERP/MRP systems
- Lead contract handover reviews with manufacturing / service & maintenance teams and Contract Managers (specific Commodities
- Support business stakeholders in all exceptional cases of supplier non-performance
- Lead contract handover reviews with MFG / S&M teams
- Closely engaged with Operational procurement teams to ensure on-time on-budget delivery of materials and services
- Conduct supplier performance reviews
- Conduct supplier risk management activity (financial, capacity reviews etc.)
- Identification and management of value chain improvement initiatives
- Contribute to the development of the procurement function
What you'll need to succeed
- Commodity management experience
- Able to negotiate directly with suppliers for all contract provisions
- Experience in a manufacturing or service & maintenance environment
- Good working knowledge of SAP including PO, Material Master, PIR, Contract management
- Proven ability to work in cross-functional teams
- Strong understanding of Contract law and contract drafting for different types of Product / Services.
- Appreciation of cost saving methodologies e.g. value engineering, logistics optimisation.
- Sound commercial acumen
- Good knowledge of Excel and other Microsoft office packages
- Experience and understanding of Contract Lifecycle Management tools
- Candidates need to have flexibility in regards to international travel as this will be required occasionally dependent on projects.
- Educated to degree level
- Member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) or appropriate professional institute or relevant experience.
What you'll get in return
A competitive remuneration package, quality benefits and the development within a global organisation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.