My client are one of the biggest third party logistics providers in the world and an absolute expert in all things automotive.
With over 250 locations spanning across 40+ locations, the business are keen to bolster their UK automotive operations and are looking for a Contract General Manager with experience of operations, customer service, commercial development and change transformation.
The business are looking for someone to further develop and build their reputation as as market leader within Automotive as well support in other vertical markets.
Someone who is able to develop long term strategies focused on innovation and opportunity.
Candidates should have previously worked with OEMs or have experience of working within technical sectors such as automotive (essential), manufacturing or defence. They must also have demonstrable knowledge of cross dock and storage.
Candidates will need commercial acumen - comfortable building strong relationships with customers identifying new opportunities for profitable growth and maximising existing revenue streams to ensure a healthy, sustainable P&L.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Develop new routes to market and revenue streams.
- Retains and develop current customers.
- Maximises the long term profitability and efficiency of service line by building strong relationships to generate sustainable business growth and increased ROI.
- Advocates a customer-centric culture. Identify new opportunities to integrate new business / customers.
- Ensures seamless transition of new work, delivering best in class products and services.
- Promotes a high performance culture based on transparency, feedback, engagement, development and continual improvement.
- Champions people management initiatives including talent management, succession planning, employee development, coaching and mentoring.
- Managing team performance - setting clear expectations and goals, providing feedback to ensure targets and KPIs are achieved
- Championing change and innovation.Sharing and communicating the strategic vision to the team, promoting accountability at all levels
The successful Contract General Manager will have the following experience:
- Must have experience of working within contract logistics
- Must have worked within automotive logistics
- Commercial acumen including management of key accounts
- Build a strong working relationship with transportation service providers to support the success of the supply chain. Understand their business strengths, weaknesses, capabilities and future opportunities
- Be responsible for onboarding new carriers - new business and or existing one- having overall responsibility for the process, coordinating, managing and escalating as necessary.
- Be able to demonstrate examples of identifying new opportunities for growth and maximising existing opportunities
- Must possess the leadership qualities to enable them to manage all aspects of a complex 3PL operation
- Good working knowledge of the sector and relevant operational practices to create distinct advantage
- An effective communicator at all levels with the personal motivation and confidence to have a positive impact with both internal and external stakeholders
- Significant experience of developing management teams within a similar complex logistics operation would be desirable
- Professional, approachable and helpful to ensure smooth running of the general operation
- Genuine and effective team player
- Confident Manager, skilled at setting clear objectives and motivating their team to achieve them
- Highly tolerant of change, being able to work with an evolving organisation
- Able to thrive in a highly competitive and demanding environment
- Able to work efficiently across the business and functional boundaries
- Commercially focused and bottom line orientated
- Quality orientated and customer service driven
£60,000 - £70,000 + benefits.