In a nutshell, you'll make sure that Aldi products get from the suppliers through to our distribution sites across the country, to keep pace with our amazing growth.
This is about looking at the strategy to make sure every stage of the supply chain, right back to the source, works effectively. So you could be dealing with a supplier in Spain one week and Slough the next. You'll be trusted, encouraged and motivated to own an area of the Temperature Controlled Supply Chain and make the right decisions. It can be demanding, challenging and fast-paced. But if you're ready to apply yourself and keep improving, it can be hugely rewarding, too.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And without our Corporate Logistics team, there'd simply be no products in those stores.
In addition to developing and managing our logistics service providers the Logistics Manager plays a vital role within the Corporate Buying Department. You will be responsible for leading a strong internal team and ensure constructive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
• Leads, manages, develops and trains their Logistics Assistants and Logistics Administrators.
• Develops and maintains constructive working relationships with logistics service providers. Manages Aldi Logistics service providers within contract guidelines, ensuring performance is monitored and recorded to aid in continuous improvement.
• Identifies, investigates and proposes cost saving opportunities within the supply chain and develops operational plans for implementation, while ensuring due diligence, stakeholder engagement, and accuracy of data is completed and up to date.
• Obtains and verifies transport rates from Logistics service providers to determine market rates for specific lanes.
• Reviews proposed logistics routes for operational viability and cost effectiveness.
• Conducts Logistics service provider audits in relation to movement of consignments, temperature and delivery window adherence.