Global distributor with a key UK location in the City of London.
The successful Customs Manager will:
- Through maintaining extensive knowledge of legislation, systems and procedures related to duty and customs for imports from the far east, provide co-ordination to internal supply chain teams. Maintain relationships with key interfaces within the company and external HMR&C community.
- Manage customs clerks to ensure all customs administration processes are completed and comply with the rules and regulations imposed by UK and Global customs and Excise for two bonded warehouses
- To collate on behalf of the busienss and present to HMR&C every two weeks with tight response times the customs and excise duties due. To monitor system to ensure all movements out and in the warehouses are cleared in a timely manner
- To ensure team maintain master data on the various systems as exchange rates, duty rates, codes and other HMR&C requirements change.
- Maintain and improve customs administrative processes and develop the function in line with business needs Identify training needs of personnel in the Customs Dept. and ensure training is provided.
- Ensure all customs monthly returns are completed on time. Monitor the performance and attendance of the customs clerks and be responsible for the discipline, training and safety of those staff. Liaise regularly with customers and facilitate a responsive and proactive response to their needs.
The successful Customs Manager will have:
- At least 5 years experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain, wtih a demonstratable proven track record in import operations and customs management.
- Previous man management experience, with clear evidence of driving team performance and development.
- Be able to start at short notice, with a base UK location of City of London with occasional travel.
- Excellent Numerical and analytical skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft excel spreadsheets to advanced level.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Natural at building relationships with other departments (finance ect) and government agency bodies. The ability to stay calm and logical under pressure is essential.
The successful Interim Customs Manager will be offered between £55,000 and £60,000 + benefits.