The client I'm representing are a highly respected 3PL company based in Leeds, which specialise in managing the Logistics of some well-known retail brands.
As the Customs Manager you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage the Customs/CFSP team in the smooth running of the department. Including staff coaching, training and monitoring of performance, working alongside the CFSP Supervisor.
- Liaise with customers and colleagues to resolve any Customs related queries or problems, such as CHIEF errors, Classification enquires, Preference evidence etc.
- Maintain accurate filing and archiving of import/export records
- Ensuring full compliance of all documentation and updates on systems
- Building relationships with customers to support compliance/growth and improvements
- Preparation and distribution of reports - internal and external. To meet company and client demands.
- Warehouse and Duty management system interrogation/problem solving
- Creation and updating of databases
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the latest customs processes and procedures.
- Assist in the maintenance and research of new and existing internal customs SOPs and CDS roll out.
- Import and Export entry audits / Customs Warehouse audits / CFSP audits / ETSF Audits
- Assistance in the maintenance of IP and OP client's records.
- Assisting Head of Customs in Customs procedure authorisations/re-authorisations/updates.
The successful candidate for the Customs Manager will ideally have the following key skills & qualities:
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Broad knowledge of Customs procedures, regulations and policy
- Knowledge of CFSP & Customs warehouse procedures
- familiarity with standard customs documents and procedures
- Knowledge of freight forwarding would be advantageous but not essential
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Warehousing Systems)
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Able to use initiative and organise own workload, Pro-active, with strong organisational skills.
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to work with changing demands
£35,000 - £40,000