Our client are a global corporation within the Consumer Goods sector.
You will facilitate all Customs issues to ensure accuracy and compliance for all UK regulatory authorities with a best practice approach. You will focus on implementation and project roll out for a variety of HMRC initiatives to ensure the business are fully aligned to new practices.
- Detailed record keeping and updating relevant notices/amendments including processes and amendments /
- Ensure the business remains AEO (or post Brexit UK equivalent) in the UK and return on investment
- Self-Assessment project with HM Customs and implementation, driving forward for a significant cost saving
- Identifying areas / product "duty paid" where preference might be applicable and challenging factories / HQ.
- Reviewing of explanatory notes and official journal as required.
- Maintaining and building good relationships with HM Customs (local customs office), AEO central site and return on investment Customs authorities.
- Assisting with product classification, working closely with all divisions, European subsidiaries and HQ for correct product classification / duty rates.
- BTI application processes and technical specifications to support opinion on product classification.
- Ensuring compliance across all entities and markets in which the business operates.
- Reporting to senior management weekly / monthly import statistics.
- Highlighting to senior management current customs issues along with advice / guidance.
- Work with the Head of Government Relations, to ensure that trade interests are accurately presented in lobbying activities
- Maintenance, support and enforcement of appropriate export control policies and procedures
- Management of the customs team.
To be successful in this role you will require extensive knowledge of the UK Customs/Trade facilitation and regulatory requirements. You will be an established people manager with responsibility for of a small team. You will be familiar with working to tight deadlines and in a pressurised environment. Execllent communication levels at all levels are essential as is a Proven ability to multitask and prioritise. You will have a strong sense of self-awareness to be able to collaborate closely with a wide variety of individuals both internally and externally. Project management experience to see through initial project scope through to implementation would be highly advantageous.
You will receive a competitive salary and package along with the chance to join a fantastic business.