My client provide a Freight Forwarding service for their clients that requires a successful candidate to head up the creation and maintenance of a robust customs framework, ensuring best practice and full HRMC compliance.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure that border crossing shipments comply with the rules and regulations of UK authorities. This covers all facets of regulatory compliance
- Lead the business through the changes that Brexit will bring
- Manages daily operational issues related to customs compliance
- Monitors import and export customs entries for accuracy
- Ensures Free Trade Agreement compliance
- Create/update Standard Operating Procedures for Customs operations.
- Develops and coordinates internal regulatory compliance training
- Implement and execute regulatory compliance audits; internally and at external parties such as customs brokers
- Support all customs compliance initiatives and competencies, which include the areas of customs entry operations, broker management, classification, valuation, trade programs and agreements, and internal auditing to AEO standard.
- Remains current on laws, regulation and practices affecting customs compliance.
- Provides customs compliance direction to staff and key internal stakeholders.
- Provides continuous reports to upper management on current and all pending customs related issues.
- Is POC for HMRC and government inquiries
- Create KPI's to accurately measure and report on customs compliance-related activities
£25,000- £40,000 Base + Attractive package