The client I'm representing are a highly respected 3PL company based in Leeds, which specialise in managing the Logistics of some well-known retail brands.
As the Customs Supervisor you will have the following responsibilities:
- Support CFSP team in the smooth running of the department. Including staff coaching, training and monitoring of performance.
- Processing of CFSP imports through to release of stock in a Customs Warehouse.
- Assistance in the provision of Client special procedures, such as IP, RGR, OP.
- Liaise with customers and colleagues to resolve any queries or problems.
- Assist with commodity classification
- Maintain accurate filing and archiving of import/export records
- Ensuring full compliance of all documentation
- Maintenance and operation of Duty Management and Warehouse Management systems
- Building relationships with customers to support compliance/growth and improvements
- Preparation and distribution of reports - internal and external. To meet company and client demands.
The ideal candidate for the Customs Supervisor role will ideally have the following key skills and qualities:
- Effective interpersonal skills, including proven abilities to listen, comprehend, effectively communicate clearly and concisely to obtain positive results.
- Knowledge of CFSP procedures & familiarity with standard customs documents and procedures would be beneficial but not essential.
- Knowledge of freight forwarding would be advantageous but not essential
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Warehousing Systems)
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Able to use initiative and organise own workload, Pro-active, with strong organisational skills.
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to work with changing demands
£25,000 - £30,000