Our client, an extremely dynamic company, is a UK-based importer and exporter located in Tewkesbury and services 180 customers across 38 countries. The export department has seen significant growth in recent years and strives to identify and take advantage of new business opportunities within the automotive spare parts business.
The key responsibilities for the role of Logisitcs Database Analyst include, but are not limited to:
Supplier Cost Management
- Analyse all existing and potential new supplier's costs and report on cost changes, make recommendations on sourcing strategy in line with the companies overarching KPI's on cost and lead-time.
- Highlight opportunities and threats from nominated suppliers cost changes and communicate problematic parts numbers that require challenging with the supplier.
- Report on a monthly basis the forward orders and existing sales GM% by supplier, customer and brand.
Price List Management
- Analyse and update customer price lists with the aim of maintaining / increasing profit margin and retaining existing sales.
- Report on potential price threat and opportunities to sales team.
- Loading of prices on to the companies ERP system.
- Analysing price lists across all International markets to continue the consolidation of price lists and produce a dynamic, simplified pricing structure.
- Liaise with IT to adapt existing and develop new pricing reports and develop existing ERP pricing functionality to improve margin reporting accuracy.
- Liaise with the sales team on the submission of tenders to win large ad-hoc export orders.
- Ensure all data relevant to customer, supplier and part number is 100% accurate at all times.
- Report to department head all missing data and manage its collation and input.
- Ensure only live data is stored on the database.
- Provide immediate support to Supply Chain and Customer Service with any ad-hoc database amendments required to ensure seamless movement of information and product.
The successful candidate for the role of Logistics Database Analyst will possess:
- Well motivated with a drive to continuously improve in all areas of the working environment.
- Excellent analytical and spreadsheet skills are vital, an excel test will form part of the interview process.
- A good commercial awareness is required to interpret data and make recommendations on the opportunities and threats.
- Good communicator across all levels of the business with ability to work independently and operate effectively with minimal guidance.
- Well organised, able to meet deadlines and prioritise work with the ability to work under pressure often dealing with several deadlines simultaneously.