My client is leading FMCG distribution business based in Slough who are looking to recruit a Demand Planner in to their Supply Chain team.
The key responsibilities for the Demand Planner based in Slough will be as follows:
- The Demand Planner will lead the monthly forecast cycle taking input from marketing, key customers accounts, sales out data & stock in trade to model market sales with the best accuracy, considering the supply chain requirements and the market vision & strategy; they will be in the driving seat of the forecast build up process.
- They will be business partner within the multifunctional team, establishing collaborative relationship in the market and with continent demand & supply team.
- They will need to understand the market trends, sales out, promotional uplifts, pipeful of new skus & ordering profiles for the top accounts.
- Forecast accuracy and Bias results have become more important to keep the right balance between inventory, cost and customer service
- Company strategy is to continue to free up cash which translates into inventory reduction, one of the key enabler is better forecast accuracy.
- Forecast bottom up build up process will move ownership from sales to supply chain with the vision to have better forecast accuracy, customer service and a consolidated vision of the assumptions. The Demand Planner will be in the driving seat of the bottom up forecast, leading the process
The successful candidate for the this role will have the following skill set:
- Degree on Supply Chain or Business administration
- Demand Planning Background within FMCG/retail
- ERP /DRP experience
- SCM theory knowledge
- Forecast process design & implementation
- Advanced excel skills
The candidate is offered the chance to join a leading consumer goods business and work with well know brands across the globe. As well as a competitive salary the role offers a great benefits package including and annual bonus, Pension, PHC.