This is a brand new and exciting opportunity to join a European leader in distribution, within the S. Yorkshire area.
Due to a substantial amount of growth they are looking for an immediately available Demand Planner to support their supply chain team.
The key responsibilities of the Demand Planner role will be as follows;
- Through the S&OP process, drive a collaborative approach to agreeing the demand planning assumption upon which an inventory stocking and replenishment strategy can be built.
- Key decision maker regarding when to invest in stock and by how much, to support sales campaigns and category initiatives
- Support the Operations network optimisation plan by reviewing and developing new stocking policies to reflect any changes in warehouse footprint
- Utilise and develop forecasting tools to develop statistical forecasts for the region, overlaying and enriching this to develop a future demand plan for each SKU
The successful Demand Planner will be immediately available and have the below skill set and qualifications;
- Significant experience of Demand Planning and Inventory management principles across multiple stock locations
- Experience of S&OP environment
- Strong commercial skills supported by a pragmatic approach
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and communication skills with the ability to work effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrable planning and organisation skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Confident in a high pressure environment with a high level of personal and professional credibility
- Build and maintain relationships at all levels within the business
- Embrace and facilitate change, using lean and continuous improvement thinking and techniques
Salary £35,000-£40,000 PR
You will need to be immediately available